Wednesday, February 10, 2010

It has been a long time!

And now it its time to bring Ed's White Front into the electronic age!

While you are here leave a comment, tell a story, reminisce and just let everyone else know that YOU were a customer and friend of Ed's White Front!
Before long I will be posting a full history of the Best Place in St. Louis for Bar-B-Que, its origin, the folks involved and my meager part in carrying on the Sauce making chore long after the closing in 1979.
If you would like to re-live that famous taste the SAUCE is available through my son Greg Norman who is now the FOURTH generation 'saucemaker'!

Contact Greg at: 636-970-9196


He STILL uses the same recipe I learned 59 years ago and we are still using the same pot to cook the sauce for bottling. Yes, we make it together but it is primarily his job now since I am getting way too old to mess around trying to lift those big cans of tomato paste and do all the mixing involved.
The ingredients are the same, the pot is the same, the recipe is the same and so is the TASTE!

Order some NOW!

F. Ed

1 comment:

Michele Dempsey Jacobsmeyer said...

Gosh, this was the BEST and only place that I remember for BBQ growing up in Walnut Park.

Whenever we talk of the past EWF ALWAYS comes to mind. We used to go mostly on Saturday nights for carryout. But, sometimes I would get to go when our neighbors got carryout also. Double the pleasure for me, because they always treated me to BBQ too!

My husband grew up in Walnut Park, too. EWF was a favorite of his, too!